American poker legend Doyle Brunson once said, “A man with money is no match against a man on a mission.” Logically, then, one with money and a mission should be unstoppable! With today’s funding announcement, at CloudSigma, we are effectively fueling our mission to provide the most flexible, user-centric public cloud in today’s infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) market.
The investment comes on the heels of our successful U.S. launch and from none other than our own Chairman Anthony Foy, and Director Phil Collerton, both of whom have strong backgrounds in data centers, enterprise software, cloud and managed services, and are well-positioned to help strategically shape and foster CloudSigma’s growth – growth that is already in the works! Indeed, plans are already underway for this influx of cash, some of which include:
- Providing additional sales support in the U.S. to target large enterprise customers
- Advancing the flexibility, control and customization of our pure-IaaS through our in-house technology team
- Scouting an East coast TierIV data center location as the first in a series of additional planned locations
The timing for this investment is ideal, especially with the industry poised for growth as evidenced by Gartner’s predictions that the worldwide cloud IaaS market will grow from an estimated $3.7 billion in 2011 to $10.5 billion by 2014. However, while it’s clear that there is strong growth in the years ahead, we believe there remains a gap in current public cloud models in terms of delivering a truly flexible, comprehensive offering – and, that’s where we come in.
We’ve found that our customers truly appreciate our unique approach and enjoy the flexibility and control to manage their cloud infrastructure as they see fit, without any undue restrictions from the provider. As the market grows, companies will become more savvy about their public cloud implementations, realizing the benefits of such a flexible approach. With this foresight in mind, we are committed to putting our money where our mission is and delivering the most customizable and user-controlled cloud in the industry.
Share this Post
- CloudSigma Expands Public Cloud to Melbourne, its Second Australian Location - April 3, 2017
- CloudSigma Launches new German Cloud location with DARZ - September 12, 2016
- CloudSigma Expands its Global Footprint to the Australian Market - May 17, 2016
- SSDs gaining traction in the cloud - June 7, 2012
- Let the cloud add real value - May 28, 2012