Sometimes running computing infrastructure can feel a little like that lizard running on water and all too often a callback to 2010 and the Liquid Mountaineering team! That’s why we’ve continued our strategy of giving customers a virtual data center to manage their cloud infrastructure easily. Giving you full control and flexibility over your computing by focusing on improving our core infrastructure management tools.
In case you missed anything, we’ve done the hard work and collated some highlights and useful links from 2014…
Cool Stuff worth trying
- try using our cloud with Bittorent Sync for secure encrypted back-up and file synching that you control.
- cgroupspy sounds like a tool for high tech espionage but actually it will help you manage load from your VMs if you use KVM on any physical servers that you might have. We use it heavily ourselves within our clouds and open sourced under the liberal new BSD license so our customers can too.
- if you aren’t already using cloudinit and contextualisation with your cloud servers you should definitely try. Save time by increasing automation as well as benefiting from improved security.
New partnerhips and free upgrades
- Canonical certified our cloud this year, now all our customers get the freshest Ubuntu images directly from our marketplace
- New Relic: Receive a free upgraded account and collect key data from your cloud servers.
- OpenVPN: Many of our customers are rightly concerned about security, now all our customers can receive a free OpenVPN server with two free license seats.
- Abiquo: Want a unified hybrid cloud management setup? Try any cloud from Abiquo, which covers not only CloudSigma but quite a few other leading clouds.
- Black Lotus offers one of the most sophisticated DDOS protection systems which is why we are so delighted to have partnered with them to help our customers further protect their computing.
- some of the world’s best surfing and now cloud computing in Hawaii
- take Silicon Valley by storm with our powerful San Jose based infrastructure
- grab the best Cuban sandwiches and maybe a Mojito while you spin up some cloud serves in Miami
We have quite a few exciting plans for 2015 so look out for new locations, new features, some great partnerships and more.
Happy holidays and happy computing!
Share this Post
- Is PaaS Platform Lock-In a Hidden Threat to Your Business? - December 20, 2021
- Are We Stealing from You? Understanding CPU Steal Time in the Cloud - November 17, 2016
- Our CEO Discusses Hybrid Cloud - October 19, 2016
- Share Cloud Infrastructure Securely - August 10, 2016
- Win a OnePlus2 Phone - October 25, 2015